Wednesday 20 April 2011

My visit to ECAT, Macclesfield college

  I go to a school named Upton Priory in Macclesfield, UK. In my school there was a competition in which we had to draw a futuristic plane! I drew a futuristic plane and I submitted it to Ms. Burnage and I hoped that I would be selected so I could see Macclesfield College ECAT [European centre for aerospace training].





       On the 31st of Jan we got our results and there were only 5 winners from our school! I was one of them!!! We went in Mrs. Butler’s car. It was a short distance and then we got there. We went in and a lady showed us the way to the room. We saw a massive plane that they were working on and the plane’s big propeller. We sat on the table and had some refreshments. Then the lady told us to put hard hats on because we were going in the plane!! It was awesome and I was the first one to go in the cockpit! There were so many controls and they also showed us the life jackets. It had a whistle, so if you get lost, just blow it and it also had a light to see in the darkness. Then they showed us the Black box and to our surprise it was Orange in colour!!! The lady told us why it was orange in colour because the colour is so bright and if it was fallen in the sea the people who come to find it can see it easily. We got out of the plane and went to see the propeller. It was humongous and it was worth a fortune. The man also rotated it! We also got a certificate. It was awesome and very cool.




 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. this must have been such a wonderful experience...Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you realy go there?

    ReplyDelete